Need Recipes, Tips, Advice?

Just drop me an email and I'll try to get your answer back to you right away. tom@tomramsey.com

Visit our websites at ivyanddevine.com and tomramsey.com

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Have Knives, Will Travel


I was in New Orleans Monday evening and Tuesday meeting with several people about a project that I have to keep under wraps until everything is all ironed out. My good friends John and Jennifer Rowland were kind enough to offer room and board for the evening and knowing how much I enjoy Jennifer's company and John's cooking, how could I pass this up? John had two huge slabs of Amberjack and Tuna ready to grill so I offered to handle the sides. Jennifer and I went to the market to pick up asparagus but found the Brussels sprouts to be much more appealing. John crusted the fish with wasabi peas, garlic, black pepper and sea salt and put them on the grill. I cooked the Brussels sprouts in butter with garlic and chopped, smoked almonds. Jennifer and I also found some nice tasso at the market so I chopped it up nice and fine and mixed it, along with parsley and green onions, into the rice and made a lovely timbale. With a great bottle of Zinfandel decanted on the table, there was little left to do but eat and talk about the Saints. With evening like this, I can't wait to get back to NOLA. Satchmo and I think alike and I nod in agreement when he asks the musical question "Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans?"
Bon Appetit!
~Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment