Need Recipes, Tips, Advice?

Just drop me an email and I'll try to get your answer back to you right away. tom@tomramsey.com

Visit our websites at ivyanddevine.com and tomramsey.com

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hello Blog. I missed you, but now I'm back.

My last post was on tax day and those chicken thighs were great. Since then, life has been a wild ride. The radio show started last week and it has been a blast. We shot the teaser/pilot for the TV show. I threw Kitty and Kim a great birthday party. I got to put on cooking demonstrations at Sante South and Persnickety Kitchens and I've made new friends. On top off all that, I've managed to cook some terrific food. Here are some photos. If you want the recipes, just send me an email and ask.


Kitty's Birthday "Cake" (Honey & Gingered Fruit with Cilantro Whipped Cream)
Since my lovely wife has a gluten sensitivity, I made her a big 'ol bowl of fresh fruit, soaked it with a honey and ginger sauce and topped it with cilantro whipped cream. The candles worked nicely with the cream.

Keeping with the gluten free menu idea, those are crackers made of rice and nuts served with caramelized onions over cream cheese. These onions were caramelized for so long that they were actually sweet.

These pork skewers were marinated with wine and soy and grilled. The sauce is a hot curry peanut sauce.

These are chicken skewers with a Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce.

When we finished shooting at Antoine's Restaurant in New Orleans, I noticed that the receptionists/hostesses were enjoying some fine Popeye's Chicken. Even at one of the finest restaurants in the world, nobody can resist Popeye's!

I was in a hurry...Kitty was hungry. Tortillas, a little meat, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and Voila! There you have a quick and fresh lunch.

As a "Thank You" to Pamela, out hair and makeup maven for the TV show, I whipped up some rosemary and sea salt crusted lamb chops with a cream pan sauce.

Stuart, rocking the smoking jacket and enjoying a tasty strawberry milk.

And finally, tonight's dinner with Kitty. Flatiron steak with sautéed spinach, asparagus and a lovely reduction sauce.

Now, we're pretty much caught up. I'll do a whole new post on the TV pilot soon.

Bon Appetit!
~Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment