Need Recipes, Tips, Advice?

Just drop me an email and I'll try to get your answer back to you right away. tom@tomramsey.com

Visit our websites at ivyanddevine.com and tomramsey.com

Monday, January 25, 2010

How I Love New Orleans

New Orleans is one of the greatest places on this big Earth. I've been coming down here since before I can remember and it never ceases to be special. Last night I got to be part of something that I will never forget. My good friend and business associate, Ben Goren, met me in the lobby of the Ritz Carlton and we hatched a plan to watch the Saints/Vikings game at that venerable bastion of all things New Orleans, the Acme Oyster House. The line was mercifully short and we were seated in time for the kickoff. Over the next three hours, we consumed uncountable quantities of grilled oysters, raw oysters and Abita Turbo Dog. The atmosphere was electric and the feeling of community made me feel like part of one big, happy, oyster-eating, beer-drinking, Saints-loving family. At the end of the game, as the Saint's field goal unit took the field, the whole place was silent and holding it's collective breath. Grills were unmanned, the kitchen was empty, tables went un-bussed and a waitress and I held pinkies. When the ball split the uprights the place went mad. The Saints made it to the Super Bowl!  We were having so much fun eating and drinking that I didn't get any pictures of the food. But here are some shots of the "family."


No comments:

Post a Comment