Need Recipes, Tips, Advice?

Just drop me an email and I'll try to get your answer back to you right away. tom@tomramsey.com

Visit our websites at ivyanddevine.com and tomramsey.com

Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Weekend

It's rare that I go through an entire weekend without cooking. Friday, Kitty and I met up with Monte and Amy at El Charro. We gave Zak and Dak a table for themselves and enjoyed a semi-adult evening.  Monte and I had been working on a top secret video project for a couple of days and really needed a break. The girls were all to happy to oblige an we decided on Mexican food. I had a few margaritas and the carnitas. They were pretty good, but a bit on the dry side. They had plenty of flavor, but were overcooked. Next time, I'll try something different.
Saturday evening was the Saint Andrew's Capitol City Dinner Dance. This event is put on by the EYC at our church, Saint Andrew's Cathedral, in Downtown Jackson. We met up there with Monte and Amy (two nights in a row with the cool kids) and had a choice of salmon or beef tenderloin. Kitty, Monte and I had the beef. Amy had the Salmon. All of it was great. I don't know who cooked the salmon, but it was tasty. My friend and fellow parishioner Bobby Lacoste cooked the beef tenderloins and knocked it out of the park. Despite the fact that Amy spilled her wine and I got blamed for it, the evening was a smashing success. Afterwards, we all went together to Underground 119 for a night-cap.
Since I didn't do the cooking, there are no recipes in this entry. Stay tuned...I have a special recipe that I'll put up on Tuesday for my first self avowed "fan."
Bon Appetit!
~Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment