Need Recipes, Tips, Advice?

Just drop me an email and I'll try to get your answer back to you right away. tom@tomramsey.com

Visit our websites at ivyanddevine.com and tomramsey.com

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Practice...Practice...Practice

To help get ready for my January 23rd audition for the new Gordon Ramsay show "Masterchef," I cooked one of my favorite dishes for one of my favorite priests. I figure, this guys has great beer, is bound by heaven to give me an honest opinion and besides, he and his wife are a blast to hang out with. Kitty and I went to the home of Bryan and Julie Owen and had dinner with them, the kids, the dog and the cats (who were terrified of me for some reason). Julie made a great salad with mixed greens, feta cheese and tart fruit. I did my go-to dish of Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Andouille Sausage, served with a Fig Gastrique.
Next Saturday, I will be making this dish for Gordon Ramsay. I picked this recipe because I don't know how long I will have to wait, with my food in a hotbox. The gastrique and the roasted pork will hold up well to the long wait. I think I will also serve Ramsay a Chived Rice Timbale and some Steamed Green Beans with my secret weapon seasoning. Here is a photo from last night. I'll post the recipe later.
Thanks to Bryan, Julie and the kids for a great night and an honest critique.
Bon Appetit!
~Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment