Need Recipes, Tips, Advice?

Just drop me an email and I'll try to get your answer back to you right away. tom@tomramsey.com

Visit our websites at ivyanddevine.com and tomramsey.com

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Bar Food and Leftover Ribs

No cooking tonight. I don't consider reheating in the mircowave to be cooking. Tonight was the "First Ink" party for my friend Jack Criss and the premiere issue of the Greater Jackson Business Journal. The event was at Sal & Mookie's and was well attended by contributors and advertisers. It was delightful catching up with some people I haven't seen in a while and meeting some new folks with common interests. Our food tonight was above-par bar nibbles. We had a paninni plate with several varieties of pressed sandwiches, some hot wings and fried ravioli. It all went well with cocktails. As bar food goes, Sal & Mookie's gets high marks.

When Kitty and I got home, we were still a bit hungry so I unwrapped the ribs from last night and nuked them a bit. They hit the spot. I would show a picture of the demolished bones, but it might be a little embarrassing for both me and the pig. Gnawed bones are rarely flattering.

Tomorrow is a big day. I'm cooking on Midday Mississippi (WLBT at noon) and cooking my favorite meal of the year, Standing Rib Roast and Yorkshire Pudding for the family before late church. I'll have plenty of pictures of that.

Bon Appetit!
~Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment