Need Recipes, Tips, Advice?

Just drop me an email and I'll try to get your answer back to you right away. tom@tomramsey.com

Visit our websites at ivyanddevine.com and tomramsey.com

Friday, December 18, 2009

Is it soup yet?


Oh yeah. It's soup. This one took all day. Actually, it took a couple of days since I started soaking the beans last night. As you may have read in the earlier post, I call this "Soup that Looks Like America" because of the white, black, brown and red beans. I'll let it rest in the fridge overnight and serve it after church on Sunday to the parishioners working to "green the cathedral." The Greening of the Cathedral has nothing to do with our carbon footprint, it is a great event where lots of folks help to hang the greenery for our big Christmas week services.

So if you are hungry for some hearty bean soup, made from ham stock cooked from scratch, come to Saint Andrew's Cathedral this Sunday. Dean Edward O'Connor will fill your soul and I'll fill your belly.

I'll post the recipe when I can grab some time to remember what I did and write it down.

Bon Appetit!
~Tom

1 comment: