Need Recipes, Tips, Advice?

Just drop me an email and I'll try to get your answer back to you right away. tom@tomramsey.com

Visit our websites at ivyanddevine.com and tomramsey.com

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Great Ribs


Kitty (my beautiful wife) called me this morning to say that Kitty (my beautiful wife's aunt) had dropped by the office and left behind a bag filled with ribs. I dashed over to President Street to pick up the bag-o-ribs and get my Christmas honey-do list. I stopped by the house on my way to tackle the list and popped the two racks of ribs (wrapped tightly in foil) into a 185 degree oven.

After working on the list for the better part of the day, I returned to Devine Street and was greeted by the smell of pure deliciousness wafting from the kitchen. In our haste, we didn't get around to taking a picture of the ribs in the "before" configuration, so here's the "after."

We slathered them with Dreamland BBQ sauce and nearly wiped out both racks. When Kitty (the Aunt) called me this evening to let me know that she and Uncle Billy had tried my Coffee Rub, I asked her about the origin of the ribs. It turns out that there is a guy in Winona, Mississippi named Sid Vaughn who occasionally makes ribs and sells them by the slab to a select clientèle. It is now my mission to get on Sid's rib list. I'll let you know how that turns out.

Bon Appetit!
~Tom

1 comment:

  1. Boy, were they delicious! I'm sending Aunt Kitty this link so that she can share with Sid.

    ReplyDelete