Need Recipes, Tips, Advice?

Just drop me an email and I'll try to get your answer back to you right away. tom@tomramsey.com

Visit our websites at ivyanddevine.com and tomramsey.com

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Italian Slow Food and an American Movie


Our daughter Katharine returned home from George Washington University yesterday afternoon and our "Other Son" Sanford was also in town for a Mississippi First board meeting. So, even though Whit and Zak were not home, we still had a full table for dinner. I made the most out of our nearly-crowded house and made some chicken thighs in a red sauce and served them over roasted slices of eggplant. It's one of those dishes that has lots of steps and takes all day, but the end result is fantastic. After dinner, we sat around the living room and watched The Hangover. I'm still laughing today. It was a great night of family, friends and laughter. Nights like that are the reason I cook.
Bon Appetit!
~Tom


1 comment:

  1. The food was great...so what else is new? Really, I must be the LUCKIEST woman on earth!

    The children (those we gave birth to and those we didn't) were great company. The movie was hilarious! Fun was had by all.

    However, honey...Sanford was not in town for a MS First Board Meeting. If he were, I would have been at the meeting, too! ;-) Sanford was here for a MS First meeting with JSU.

    ReplyDelete